11E Bergatt Magnificent Marble Mine
Join an unforgettable sailing on an illuminated crystal clear lake, and visit a marble mine. Enjoy a light meal in amazing surroundings, before we do a short sightseeing in Molde.
- Visit a marble mine
- A raft will take you through the mine
- Enjoy a light meal in amazing surroundings
- Short sightseeing tour in Molde
The tour entails driving first from Kristiansund to the town of Eide, where we are met by our hosts and follow them to the entrance of the mine. The bus drives directly into the mountain where we hear a safety demonstration and are equipped with helmets and life jackets. We then board rafts and are taken on an unforgettable trip across an illuminated crystal clear lake deep inside the earth. Along the way we taste spring water sourced straight from the mountainside.
We glide across the lake towards a grand subterranean hall where dining tables are bathed in candlelight and we are served a savoury soup made from local ingredients. We then view a film about the mine and mining. We end the day with a short tour of the nearby city of Molde before re-joining the Hurtigruten ship.
- Disembarking port: Kristiansund
- Embarking port: Molde
- Southbound or Northbound: Southbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 16:45 - 21:15
- Available period: 15 September - 30 April
- Transportation: Bus/Raft
- Meals on the trip: Meat soup, mountain spring water
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm clothing Note: Helmets and life vests are provided. Not available 18.- 31.12, 01.01 and 29.03-02.04.19.