3H Cycling in Trondheim
Trondheim has put a lot of effort into becoming the most bicycle-friendly community in Norway. The city has installed many red-painted bicycle lanes through its centre to heighten the visibility and growing presence of cyclists on its byways. This guided bicycle excursion takes you from the ship, along the fjord, and across the city´s new bike bridge with great views of Munkholmen, Trondheim’s medieval fortress island.
From here, we cycle through the Ila district and along the River Nid, which provides views of majestic Nidaros Cathedral and the city´s colourful old warehouses. We also wheel into the historic Bakklandet district, where we try out the world’s first and only bicycle lift, called `Trampe´, that pulls us up a steep hill called Brobakken. We additionally stop for coffee and pastry at one of the many cosy cafes in the area. Heading back to the ship, we pass through the historic and recently modernised Solsiden district, the site of a former shipyard and now public area popular with the locals.
- Disembarking port: Trondheim
- Embarking port: Trondheim
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound
- Available period: 03 April - 02 September
- Meals on the trip: Coffee and pastry
- Clothes/footwear: Sturdy shoes and warm clothing for cycling
- Age limit: 12 years (to cycle)Baby trailer and child seat also available