6H Honningsvåg: Fishing Village Visit
The excursion departs Honningsvåg by coach, crossing through fantastic scenery on the island Magerøya, towards the tiny fishing hamlets of Kamøyvær and Skarsvåg. Along the way, your guide tells you about the nature, local culture and history. In Skarsvåg, we visit the
Christmas and Winter House´, known for its quaint Yuletide ambiance and Christmas decorations year round. Admire and acquire locally produced ornaments and knitwear, and learn about the life of a fishermans family in the world’s northernmost fishing village. We then proceed to Kamøyvær and see its small fishing fleet, lighthouse, picturesque harbor and fish processing plants.
After a short stroll through the village, we visit artist Eva Schmutterer at her cosy little gallery,
East of the Sun´. The permanent exhibition includes arts and crafts inspired by Magerøya and the changing seasons. If weather permits, there is a short photo stop on the return trip at Tufjorden viewpoint, where you catch a glimpse of the North CapeHorn´, which juts out of the side of a cliff.
- Disembarking port: Honningsvåg
- Embarking port: Honningsvåg
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound Available
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 11:15 - 13:45
- Period: All year
- Transportation: Bus
- Meals on the trip: Cake at Christmas and Winter House
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing.
- Note: Not available 24, 25, 31.12 and 01.01