Expedition to the North Cape - The Historical Route
Journey to the North Cape like a true explorer - approach by RIB boat and hike up the mountainside to the famous plateau.
From Havøysund, an exhilarating RIB boat ride takes you along the rugged coastline of Finnmark, stopping by the cliffs to see nesting seabirds up close, while your guide shares stories about the local geography and culture. Approaching by boat, you’ll admire the impressive North Cape plateau from the sea before going ashore in Hornvika. After a short refreshment break, make the hike up the mountainside along the historical route to the North Cape’s breathtaking view.
- Disembarking port: Havøysund
- Embarking port: Honningsvåg
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound
- Available period: 01 June - 30 September
- Duration: 6 hours
- Level: 4
- Transportation: RIB, bus
- Meals on the trip: Packed lunch, Coffee/ tea, dried reindeer meat, chocolate and snacks.
- Clothes/Footwear: Hiking shoes, warm and windproof clothing.
- Note: We recommend you bring a backpack with water bottle, extra clothing, camera and sunglasses. Special clothing is provided (survival suits, life vests, goggles, hats and gloves). Entrance to the North Cape is included.