7B Riverboat to the Russian Border
Explore Russia´s frontier with Norway along the river that divides the two distinctly different yet strangely similar countries.
- Experience unique history
- Rich animal and plant life
- Exciting wilderness
- Visit the Russian border
By the time you reach the jetty, the river boats are ready to take you up the Pasvikelva, a river with a cultural history dating back thousands of years. While sailing up the river you get to hear about the history of the Sámi people, the sacred Princes Boris and Gleb and St. Trifon of the Pechenga Monastery. At the border, we go ashore and learn a little bit more about Norway’s relationship with its neighbor to the East, Russia.
Then you can enjoy a hot drink complimented by cloudberries with cream. On the way back, the guide tells you about the rich animal and plant life that thrives in the area. Reindeer, fish and bears make this one of the most exciting wilderness areas in Norway.
- Disembarking port: Kirkenes
- Embarking port: Kirkenes
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 09:30 - 12:00
- Available from: 1 June - 10 September
- Transportation: Riverboat
- Meals on the trip: Coffee/tea, cloudberries with cream
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing. Life vests are provided