A Hurtigruten Cruise, a voyage along the scenic Norwegian coast, should be on everyone’s bucket list. Hurtigruten has serviced the 34 ports on the coast between Bergen and Kirkenes since 1893. In summer the Land of the Midnight Sun (Jun to Aug) shows its true colours, and is arguably the most popular season with its long days. As locals, we take pride in building beautiful itineraries around a cruise of any length along the Norwegian coast. All of our sales staff being Nordic nationals means we can offer unique in-depth knowledge of the region. Read more about travelling on the Hurtigruten ships with us.
Book with 50 Degrees North and gain access to live availability, best rates available and instant confirmation. See our Hurtigruten Norwegian Coastal Voyages here.
The current fleet servicing the Norwegian Coast consists of 11 classic ships. The smallest ship, MS Lofoten, has a capacity of 151 beds (licensed to carry 400 passengers) to the largest and newest, MS Midnatsol, which has a capacity of 638 beds (licensed to carry 1,000 passengers). Several of the ships have recently be refurbished with modern Scandinavian interiors and cabins. When you choose your date; you choose your ship, so ask us for advice.
On a Hurtigruten voyage you get:
- to engage in authentic, significant and breathtaking experiences.
- to immerse yourself in culture, nature and wildlife.
- a broad and diverse expedition fleet tailor made to meet your exact needs
- experienced crews that takes you safely to the most thrilling places where you can meet and interact with the locals
- more than 200 activities designed to suit all explorer levels.
- advanced technology that makes your journey safe and comfortable
- highly knowledgeable and dedicated expedition teams.
- an operator that lives and breathes sustainable travel
- peaceful, comfortable and relaxed on board experiences where you get the chance to meet fellow travelers
- excellent panorama views from all the restaurants and saloons
Exactly how you want to explore the Midnight Sun, the Northern Lights, the delicious local food, and the natural beauty is entirely up to you. Our Scandinavian staff based in Norway and Australia are happy to help you with your Hurtigruten voyage. Read further about what it is like travelling on a Hurtigruten voyage here.
Tailor-made Norwegian Fjords, Coast and Hurtigruten
With pride, we offer unique independent itineraries exploring secret coastal gems along Norway’s long coast. We bring our local knowledge of the Norwegian fjords and coastline together into holidays that get you off the beaten track.
Classic Norwegian Coast Voyages
No one takes you deeper into the Norwegian fjords than the experienced captains and crew on Hurtigruten. And no one takes you closer to the people who live there, their culture, traditions and way of life.
Hurtigruten Explorer Voyages
Hurtigruten’s unique heritage, combined with highly skilled crews and a diverse fleet consisting of nimble, intimately-scaled expedition ships, enable them to offer you breathtaking nature-based experiences in remote corners of the world.