Nordic Farm Holidays
Our Nordic Farm Holidays program extends across the Nordic region; including Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Iceland. We have teamed up with Scandinavian countryside working farms offering accommodation on site. Our Farm Holidays are perfect for families with young children, or others interested in getting an insight into Nordic farm life. Most farms will have animals, and some give you an opportunity to partake in farm activities.
We have spent time selecting farms situated in key locations allowing you the opportunity to explore attractions and scenic highlights in the regions on day tours. Then come back to the farm in the afternoon enjoying a good traditional home cooked meal.
Our Nordic Farm Holidays are designed as short self-drive itineraries in each of the countries Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden & Iceland and can be combined to create a longer more in-depth itinerary if you wish.
We recognise that most people will not necessarily want to spend each and every night at a farm B & B. Therefore, on longer itineraries, we will mix your accommodation up offering you a combination of a farm stay, country lodges, boutique hotels and kros/inns. Each of the properties we offer is unique, and lodging can range from a working farm to a comfortable country lodge/hotel.
You can leave the choice of accommodation to us giving you a great mixture, or you can be specific about your preferred accommodation when you book. Our accommodation categories are:
- Manor House/Historic Hotel/Castle - historic countryside manors, hotels and castles turned into stately accommodation (Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland)
- Country Lodge/Hotel - lodge found in national parks, countryside and mountains (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Iceland)
- Kro/Inn - countryside B&B/restaurant (mainly Sweden & Denmark)
- Farm/Gård - working farms, some with farm animals (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Iceland)
- Lighthouse - traditional lighthouses on the coast converted to accommodation (Norway, Sweden & Finland)
- Cabin/Hytte/Rorbu (fisherman's cottage) - self catering option with kitchen/kitchenette - no necessarily budget (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Iceland)