Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
- Visit LEGO® House
5 day - Tailor-made family tour to LEGOLAND, Billund.
Few of us have not encountered the Danish invention of LEGO in some shape or form during our childhood. And if you had to pick one LEGOLAND park, then the Danish original one at Billund would be the one not to miss. For those of us that spent our weekends and holidays building LEGO as children, a LEGO theme park is a dream come true - it's hard to say who will have more fun here, the kids or the parents.
These days, the board games, computer games, clubs and exhibitions all contribute to making LEGO bigger better and even more fun. This is another one the kids will thank you for.
Situated in Billund, LEGO® House is another magically place to visit during your stay. Discover the magic behind the brand and the endless possibilities for play and learning in the inspiring LEGO brick house. Be sure to visit the Masterpieces gallery as well.
- Day 1
- Arrive in Copenhagen
- Day 2
- Pick up hire car and head to Billund
- Days 3 - 4
- Days of fun at LEGOLAND
- Day 5
- Return to Copenhagen
- Start/End Place
- Copenhagen, Denmark tours
- Country Visited
- Denmark tours
- 5 Days
- Easy independent holiday suitable for singles, couples & families
Car hire: Family size car with CDW & unlimited mileage. The journey to Billund is an easy drive with the help of the GPS.
There is the option to fly to Billund.
- Family friendly accommodation on location, often in theme rooms/cabins
- Car hire for the full number of days (as per program)
- Family size car with CDW & unlimited mileage
- Park entrance/fee (rides and activities inside the park may be additional)
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Gratitudes and items of personal nature
- Travel insurance
- International or domestic flights
Day 1 - Arrive in Copenhagen
Arrive into Copenhagen and get ready for some fun! Famous sights include the Royal Amalienborg Palace, Christiansborg Palace (Danish Parliament Buildings) and the Little Mermaid in the sea. Your family will love exploring this fairytale city - be sure to visit Tivoli Gardens, perfect for old fashioned fun. Blue Planet Copenhagen is a new aquarium a short train ride away if you have some extra time.
Consider a walk along the port down to Nyhavn - great in the early evening as office workers spill onto the street.
AccommodationTivoli hotel or similar
Optional Add Ons
Day 2 - Pick up hire car and head to Billund
After breakfast, pick up your hire car and head west to Billund. A comfortable three hour drive, you can stop along the way in Odense. Hans Christian Andersen’s home town and the ”capital” of Funen, this small city has charming high streets, lots of museums and activities for families to enjoy.
Arriving at Billund, check into your LEGO hotel - be sure to ask us about an upgrade to themed rooms: Pirate rooms, Adventure Treasure Island, Knights & Princesses & more.
Days 3 - 4 - Days of fun at LEGOLAND
LEGOLAND has a great range of activities on offer with each year heralding new exhibits and shows. Scandinavians have fond memories of visiting LEGOLAND as children with the self-drive cars and the MINILAND. These days, alongside these original exhibits, Starwars LEGO, Splash mountains and plenty of pirates will keep everyone happy.
Need to cool down: head across to Lalandia Aquadome with it's massive waterslides and relaxation pools. Or visit the new LEGO® House with lots of hands on LEGO experiences and a massive masterpieces gallery.
NOTE: As frequent travellers to Scandinavia with our young family, the waterslides are highly recommended. Much more fun and a lot faster than what is offered in other parts of the world (in our experience).
Day 5 - Return to Copenhagen
Today, head back to Copenhagen to drop off your car. We have many other options for those who wish to explore Denmark further with your family.
Optional Add Ons
Family quad total price applies when 2 adults and 2 children (between 0-12 years old) travelling together. Please contact us for a quote for your family. Larger rooms for up to 6 persons are available too for bigger families. Indicative price only.
31 Oct 2021
31 Oct 2021
30 Sep 2022
30 Sep 2022
Note, there has been 2 day tours of the Lego factory in Billund published in November every year (currently on hold). They book out very quickly but if you are lucky enough to secure the inside tour, rest assured we can help you with your other arrangements.
Photo credit: Visit Denmark, photographer: Robert Lacy
Interactive Tour Map
Travel insurance is compulsory for all tours with 50 Degrees North. Please ensure that you have this organised as we will need to see proof of this upon issuing your tour documentation. Please contact us for a quote or visit http://www.suresave.net.au/
Practical information about Scandinavian Hotels
- Hotel rooms in Scandinavia are normally furnished with twin beds, which can be moved together to form a double bed or placed separately. Please note that single rooms are generally smaller than doubles, and are often equipped with a shower instead of a bath. Purpose-built triple or family rooms are likewise unusual in Scandinavian hotels. Whilst it is possible for 3 persons to share a room, this will normally be a double room with an extra bed, with correspondingly less space to move about in.
- It is also unusual to have a porter at hotels to carry your luggage.
- There is free wi-fi in many hotels in Scandinavia.
- Unexpectedly, all forms of Scandinavian accommodation rarely provide tea and coffee facilities in their rooms. If you are lucky, a kettle will be supplied but nothing else. Please ask at reception for some provisions when you arrive or just carry a small selection from home.
- Please also note that in Scandinavia - in particular, during winter - the included lunch will often be a hearty warm soup with bread.
- More remote hotels in Lapland will offer dinner at an additional cost. In some spots, there will be limited choices else where. Generally, you get a very nice home-cooked Scandinavian dinner. However, you may sometimes find only one or two choices only for your main course.
- In Scandinavia, it is normal for washing and laundry facilities to be in the basement. If you are staying in apartment type accommodation, check downstairs or ask for assistance.