Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
4 days - Independent tour visiting the ICEHOTEL and Swedish Lapland Lodge
Ready for a better 2021? Why not celebrate the new year in style in Swedish Lapland? Visit the original ICEHOTEL in the little village of Jukkasjärvi for a glass of bubbles in an ice flute and celebrations. Stay in a remote, secluded Northern Lights lodge for 3 nights, enjoying a hot tub under the night sky, all meals included and lots of adventurous winter activities. Arctic Speed Dogsledding, Northern Lights experience with Sámi dinner and Snowmobiling with icefishing will get the new year off to a great start.
Read about the highlights of ICEHOTEL here.
- Day 1
- Arrive Kiruna and transfer to your lodge before sinking into an outdoor hot tub under the night sky
- Day 2
- Dogsledding through a winter wonderland before Northern Lights special Sámi dinner
- Day 3
- Snowmobiling, ice-fishing and New Year's Celebration at the ICEHOTEL
- Day 4
- Depart Kiruna
- Start/End Place
- Kiruna, Sweden tours
- Country Visited
- Sweden tours
- 4 Days
- Easy independent holiday suitable for singles & couples
Return transfers from Kiruna to your lodge. Transfers to ICEHOTEL for New Year's Eve Celebration.
- 3 nights twin share with private facilities
- Daily breakfast, 3 lunches and 3 dinners
- Dogsled ride into the winter wonderland (4 hours including lunch)
- Snowmobile ride and ice fishing (5 hours)
- Free wifi
- Free coffee, tea and biscults
- Free access to snowshoes and cross-country skis
- Entrance to the ICEHOTEL
- New Year's Eve Dinner at the ICEHOTEL
- Northern Lights Experience including dinner
- Wellness program
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
- Booking with Confidence- we want you to be confident in booking with 50 Degrees North, and we will always have your best interest and safety in mind. In these times of uncertainty during the COVID-19 crisis, we have put in place further measures to make booking with us easier and more flexible.
Program and inclusions change depending on the weather. Dates don't fit - ICEHOTEL 365 allows for summer, autumn and spring holidays with ice room stays.
Flights, meals other than described, travel insurance, visas, gratitudes and any items of personal nature.
Day 1 - Arrive Kiruna and transfer to your lodge before sinking into an outdoor hot tub under the night sky
Arrive Kiruna and meet and greet your guide. You will then transfer to your lodge, a 15 minute drive down the road. Enjoy a lunch before heading out to explore the white winter wilderness. Crosscountry skis and snowshoes are at your disposal.
Enjoy a two-course dinner before sinking into an outdoor hot tub under the night sky.
Day 2 - Dogsledding through a winter wonderland before Northern Lights special Sámi dinner
What better way to start the day than a dog sled journey across the snowy landscape with a stop for coffee & cake! Afterwards ride back to the kennel to learn more about the Arctic dogs and their daily life.
In the evening, get a glimpse into the flavours from the Sámi lifestyle and culture. Meet a local reindeer herding girl in our authentic Sámi tipi. You will enjoy the delicious flavours from traditional Sámi food where you will also enjoy the once in a lifetime experience of baking your own flatbread over the crackling fire and listen to the centuries-old stories of the Sámi people in Swedish Lapland.
After the dinner, we'll guide you by snowmobile through the dark arctic night to a place where the light pollution can't reach us. You will be surrounded by mountains that are rising like mysterious shadows towards the night sky and drive the snowmobile through the snow-covered landscape with the stars above you. On top of Mt.Ednavaara, you have a 360-degree view over the mountain range. We serve hot beverages and wait for the northern lights to show up and dance for us in the night sky.
Day 3 - Snowmobiling, ice-fishing and New Year's Celebration at the ICEHOTEL
After a sleep in, head off for a snowmobile ride and icefishing. This adventure will give you a perfect opportunity to experience Lapland’s magnificent nature in broad daylight. You will be guided across frozen lakes and bogs, through hilly landscapes with views over the river and Kiruna in the far horizon. Traditional Swedish fika and arctic char lunch by an open fire included.
This afternoon, enjoy a another hot tub and sauna before getting ready for New Year's Eve.
Time to head to the world-famous ICEHOTEL for NYE dinner (3-course dinner - lobster, reindeer and so forth) and celebrations at ICEHOTEL. Return to the lodge with bubbles after midnight.
Day 4 - Depart Kiruna
After breakfast transfer to Kiruna for your departure.
All prices listed are per person in double/twin share. Early indicative price for 2021.
1 Jan 2022
Menu for New Year's Dinner at the ICEHOTEL:
- Yeasted cauliflower, dehydrated grapes, capers and flavours of mint
- Sous vide cooked lobster, roasted heritage carrots, sweetcorn and buttermilk pure
- Loin of reindeer, chared leek and shallot, caramelized onion cream , onion gohst and blackberry.
- Rubus Arcticus Åkerbär sorbet, textures of Åkerbär, chocolate delice and spruce custard
Interactive Tour Map
Travel insurance is compulsory for all tours with 50 Degrees North. Please ensure that you have this organised as we will need to see proof of this upon issuing your tour documentation. Please contact us for a quote or visit http://www.suresave.net.au/
Practical Information for travelling and packing for Scandinavian Winter
- Warm wind and water proof jacket and trousers large enough to fit thick woollen jumper/clothing underneath
- Rain trousers – waterproof and breathable material
- Warm windproof cap/hat
- Warm gloves or mittens. Mittens where all fingers except the thumb are together are often warmer than gloves.
- Windproof gloves or mittens, which you can pull over the warm gloves
- Warm scarf
- 2 pairs of long woollen underwear (Merino wool in a few different thicknesses is perfect)
- 1-2 warm woollen jumper(s), or one jumper and a warm fleece
- Woollen or fleece trousers
- 2-3 pairs of warm woollen socks
- Warm & sturdy footwear with good grip
- Clothes for indoors, i.e. a shirt, T-shirts and jeans or cotton trousers
- Back pack for day trips (approx. 30 litre)
- Light footwear/trainers (mainly for indoors)
- Sun screen & Lip salve (the sun reflects off the snow and the air is dry)
- Hand warmers
- Nordic Grip anti-slip soles for walking on ice
- Personal medication
- Water bottle - thermo, or include a cover to keep warm (or you can stick it into a warm sock)
- Travel documents (including insurance)
- Photo ID
- Note book and pencil
- Camera, memory cards and charger
- Chargers for other gadgets
- Extra batteries for your cameras as they are used fast in cold conditions.